Saturday, March 9, 2019

july 31

In the middle of Manhattan.
In the microcosm of the world, the snow-globe
Of hell of nothing, the last place on earth
There you were drifting

Down the ganges, the Danube, Ophelia
You were the black star in the east, arabia
The blood moon in the north whose
Livid seas I swam dismal and  tranquilly

I met your look, the eyes bright
That brightly light my own
I felt the gaze and felt my heart
Skip, jump, cry, rise, sing without sound..

There will always be these thousands,
The look-language and their beauties
From all my life before that struck me
Like rain

That made me forget the hunt
Or what it is I could ever be hunting
Rounding all the corners and lies
Of dusk and daylight and human clockwork

Or not rain because I was in the dark
And my heart too, yet today
I have felt for the first time
What it is like to be alive

What it is like to wish again,
What it means to be young
Again, to dream urgently and
Pine with all my being again

What it is like to be alive, if
Just for an instant and how lucky
To know who it is that is mine
And to know that I saw you this time